Blog Archive

28 Sept 2010

Target Audience Profile.

This post sees the formation of a Target Audience Profile; this is necessary in terms of creating an image of my potential target market, I am hoping to make you more familiar with the type of person that my promotional package is aimed towards.
I have decided to use the genre of psychological and supernatural horror so I believe that the age of my TA would range between 18-35.  I do believe that this specific genre is aimed more at a mature and sophisticated audience who like horror films that include a bit of mystery and confusion rather than a lot of blood and gore which is something that you would see in a 'slasher' horror. The gender of this specific genre consists both of male and female, yet I would lean more towards female audiences, as men are better dealing with guts, blood, gore and so on. 

If I had to describe the most common example of my target audience, they are likely to be intelligent with a professional status which would fit the ABC1 bracket. They belong to a career that involves hard work, imagination and creativity. For those who are in their late teens and twenties are in college or university and are likely to achieve the professional status later on in life. I imagine my target audience to be in a long term committed relationship and a person that  would watch a supernatural and psychological film with her boyfriend after a long day of work.

A description of my TA's personality and character: They would be a family orientated person who is also very outgoing and fun. They are open minded and perceptive, and are probably the sort of person who believe in supernatural things such as ghosts. They love horror films, stories and books as they have an active mind and thrive on fear and enigma. My TA's favorite films would be ‘What Lies Beneath’ and 'Shelter'. Both supernatural and psychological films, these types of films require an intellectual mind with twists and mystery which my TA thrive on. 







I can see my TA being interested in music of an alternative, indie rock, acoustic  and alternative pop rock genre; bands and artists such as 'The Pretty Reckless', 'Kings Of Leon', 'Mumford and Sons', 'Bon Iver', 'Ben Howard', 'Temper Trap' and 'Florence and the Machine'. They also like music that is old school like The Police, The Class, and The Rolling Stones. 






 The TA have a creative, imaginative and wide lifestyle. They love reading books that have a bit of mystery to them such as 'The Lovely Bones'. They also enjoy going for walks and jogs, attending acoustic gigs and spending time with their loved ones.

Here are a few images that I think would relate to my TA's lifestyle.













No comments:

Post a Comment