Blog Archive

18 Nov 2010

Characters Names & Film Titles

Characters Names.
I believe a characters name can say a lot about their personality and who they really are. I thought long and hard about the name for the protagonist and here are a few examples that I had running through my head.

Potential Names for the Protagonist:
Gabrielle
Bree
Natalie
Michelle
Susan
Sarah

I chose to work with the name Susan, to me that name says 'sophistication', I got the inspiration from a TV series 'Desperate Housewives' where Susan is one of the main characters, her character is a sophisticated, smart, kind and quirky housewife which is why I chose Susan to be the name for my character as I thought it matched perfectly.

The Possessed Little Girl.
Finding a name that suited the little girl was very hard for me, her real name is Abbie so I decided to keep it the way it is as I thought it suited her best and went well with the roll I gave her to play. 

Potential Names for the Father.
Victor
James
Stanford
Mike

I chose to name the father Mike because in 'Desperate Housewives' he is Susan's husband so I felt like the two names really matched and it also matched the character.

The Film Title.
Finding the film title was not only last minute, it was also really hard which is why I waited till the end to name the film, I felt like if I filmed the film, the name would just come to me, but it didn't until I finished editing the trailer that the name came to me.

I was thinking of naming the film something like 'The Unborn' which matched the story line, but that's already a film so I couldn't. I was thinking of naming it something that sort of gave the plot away but felt like that may ruin it. I didn't have many potential film names to choose from and so I named the film
'The Sweet Revenge'. I felt like it fitted the film well and I had no more time to sit and think of a good name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment