Blog Archive

17 Nov 2010

Inspiration

I had a lot of different things inspire my final pieces of work. I am writing this post right now in the dark, it's 2:00am and in all honesty I cannot stomach opening up images and videos on google and youtube of things that inspired me because I know for a fact I will scare myself and won't be able to sleep. Thats the down side of this project, but they upside is that I get to be creative and create a pretty cool film trailer, poster and magazine front cover.

When I started this project, I wanted to create a terrifying trailer that would make my audiences jump from fright, but I made some changes. Thinking about it over and over again, I want to make my trailer more 'beautifully made' than 'really scary'. I love making things look good more than actually doing things the correct way if that makes sense. Let me explain; I like the idea of editing shots and scene and adding more light to them or adding music that will make them nice to look at. Adding horrific imagery isn't exactly making the trailer 'look good'. Which is why I decided to make it more beautiful and 'like a spooky story telling time' that will bring a chill down your spine. It feels more natural and fun to me, and as well as getting a good mark for my trailer, I also want to have fun with it. 

The things that inspired me were films like 'The Unborn' which has a similar narrative to mine, also things like 'The exorcist', which I am NOT googeling right now because even seeing the face come up on google will end up with me not sleeping tonight, no thanks! But you get the point. I am trying to make this post visual with words as I am really not up for having a sleepless night tonight. 

Also things like twilight inspired my music choice for the trailer. The piano song 'Bella's Lullaby' was my first choice for the trailer, I did more research and decided to use another similar piano song, but it made me do research and inspired me more.

This is the song I originally wanted to use for the first part of my trailer, the slow part.

I also am really inspired by the music from the film '28 weeks later' and in all honesty I am probably looking more into the music I should use for my trailer than anything else as I am enjoying the musical part the most. I have my heart set on using this song for my trailer at the fast editing part.




No comments:

Post a Comment