Blog Archive

14 Nov 2010

Feedback From the Pitch

This week I had to present my pitch to my peers, which I was highly nervous about, I never was a natural at public speaking, and knowing that my peers are sitting there and judging my ideas and work got me even more nervous and worked up. I started my pitch by letting everyone know how much I hate horror, I was definitely not going to sit there and lie, and pretend like I was excited about watching horror trailers and so on, so I set the record straight; I hate anything to do with horror, it gives me a knot in my stomach just thinking about it, which is why I really think this project is going to be harder for me than anyone else as Im not the type of person who would EVER even consider watching a horror film. Of course my peers already know Im not a fan of horror as I moan about it mostly every lesson, but I thought I would just mention it again in my pitch. My peers found it amusing; I didn't. I carried on the pitch by presenting my sub-genre idea to the group and told them that I wanted to work with the supernatural sub-genre. (which scares me the most) God knows why I chose it.

I then followed by telling them the narrative and plot of my film which I am quite proud of as I put a lot of thought into it and think it would make a pretty good horror film! i then followed on by presenting the films that inspired my narrative one of which is 'The Unborn'. The feedback I got from my peers and teacher was positive, my teacher told me she thought the narrative was good and the whole idea behind it could really work (this made me happy) as I put a lot of effort in writing every detail of the narrative in my pitch. My peers also were impressed with how much detail I put into the narrative, and I did, I really did. So all of the feedback I got was positive which I am pleased with and I wouldn't really change any of my ideas or opinions about the narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment